A person’s name is seldom unique and cemetery records often contain details of a number of people with the same name. When using the search facilities on this site you should be sure that you have accurate identifying detail including the correct cemetery, name and age of the deceased and the date of the funeral service. These particulars can be ascertained from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. Please note that the information in our records was given to us at the time of service and may differ from that given to other record keeping agencies.
The information returned from the search facility on this site is given in good faith.
Gympie Cemetery Trust respects your privacy and the protection of your personal information, and is committed to complying with all relevant legislation and the Information Privacy Principles as described in the Privacy Act (1988).
Among other things, this means that:
- We will only collect personal information that is necessary for fulfilling our industry function, of operating a cemetery as outlined in the Cemeteries Act.
- We will be open and transparent in the way we collect information.
- We will only use or disclose information in ways that are consistent with your expectations or are required in the public interest.
- Retained personal information will only be used and disclosed in the provision of the Cemetery Trust’s standard functions or activities. We will not sell or release personal information to any unrelated third party unless required by law.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete, up to date and securely stored.
- Whenever possible we will let you access the information we hold about you. For security reasons you may be required to put your request in writing.
- If requested we may be able to deal with you anonymously, however, this may restrict our ability to meet your family’s needs in the future.